about the unit
This unit is an elective unit for the Certificate II of Information and Cultural Services and the Certificate III in Library and Information Services. The unit introduces you to the skills and knowledge required to set up and stage activities and events. The unit will cover the following areas:
- Event organisation: Prepare for activities and events by clarifying and confirming details, identifying purpose, and organising required resources
- Event management: Undertake onsite activities and participate in the activity according to agreed procedures, to ensure the achievement of required goals and customer outcomes
- Teamwork and communication: consulting with supervisors and work colleagues
- Participate in the delivery of activities
- Finalise onsite activities, ensuring adherence to OH&S legislation and active risk mitigation
- Identify issues or problems, and resolve within appropriate scope of responsibility, or refer to a supervisor
- Completion and submission of required documentation
HOW THIS UNIT RELATES TO YOUR LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES CAREER
The skills and knowledge gained from this unit are focussed on event management. This includes setting up and staging events and activities, primarily in a library and information services context. The unit enhances industry knowledge around this key library function, and will prepare you for a career in Library and Information Services.
TRANSFERABILITY OF SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
The skills and knowledge gained from this unit are applicable to any workplace context, whether in the Library and Information Services sector or not. Whilst the information is contextualised in a library and information services context, the skillset is transferable and applies regardless of specific library type.
For further information on this unit visit training.gov.au