About The Unit
This unit is a core unit for the Certificate II in Information and Cultural Services and the Certificate III in Library and Information Services. It applies to people who wish to develop skills and knowledge required to work in a group and team environment, with the goal of promoting team cooperation and commitment, supporting your team members and dealing effectively with any issues, problems and conflict that may arise.
This unit will assist you with being able to:
- Understand your role in the context of your workplace and team
- Understand your responsibilities and what you are accountable for
- Understand the relevant legislative framework or codes of practice that apply in the workplace
- Set priorities, schedule activities effectively and organise your daily work
- Understand performance measures and how your performance will be monitored
- Manage time and resources effectively
- Understand others around you, through effective communication, being positive, and developing rapport
- Provide and receive feedback effectively
- Identify different types of teams and identify various team member roles
- Identify and utilise key teamwork skills
- Setting goals and plan for improvement
- Understand differences and address problems that may arise, including resolving conflict
- Embrace and work with diversity effectively
HOW THIS UNIT RELATES TO YOUR LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES CAREER
Working with other people is inevitable in any work environment and in all organisational functions. It is crucial to the effective functioning of every organisation as a whole, whether it is in the Library and Information Services sector or not. This unit will enhance your ability to perform effectively with others in your Library and Information Services role, whether they are colleagues, management and/or clients.
TRANSFERABILITY OF SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
This unit has broad applicability across industries and workplace contexts, both in and outside of a libraries context, and will be relevant and valuable to any future role you have in employment.
For further information on this unit visit training.gov.au