ABOUT THE UNIT
This unit is an elective unit for the Diploma of Library and Information Services. The unit provides the skills and knowledge required to promote literature and reading by promoting literacy and by creating positive environments that provide access to relevant and attractive reading material to suit relevant ages, interests and reading levels. The unit will cover the following areas:
- Recognising different reading levels and tastes of different customer groups
- Investigating the importance of promoting literacy, literature and reading in creating an informed society, and how libraries are crucial to this process
- Source independent publisher reviews about literature (in various formats) and maintain records of these
- Utilise recognised classification systems to locate literary works and information
- Expand and update one’s own knowledge of publishing trends, formats and a broad range of literary works, and share with colleagues and other interested parties
- Develop strategies to promote literature and reading, including the use of current and emerging technologies
- Communicate with customers to identify their literature and reading needs, and provide advice or recommendations if necessary
- Recommend purchases of literary works and literary information based on customer requests and reviews
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented strategies to promote literature and reading
HOW THIS UNIT RELATES TO YOUR LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SERVICES CAREER
This unit applies to individuals responsible for promoting literature and reading to customers as a way of meeting their needs. As places that foster lifelong learning and growth, libraries are critical in the fight to increase literacy levels across the world, particularly to disadvantaged communities and customers. This unit will give you the tools needed to ensure that you not only maintain your own knowledge of literature and reading, but also that you help others in their journey to increase their own literacy levels.
TRANSFERABILITY OF SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
The skills and knowledge gained from this unit are applicable to any library and information services workplace contexts. It also applies in many industries, including library, information and cultural services, community services and health.
For further information on this unit visit training.gov.au