Assessment Appeal Form
By filling in this form, you are requesting to appeal an assessment result.
Please read the following information and if you still wish to lodge an appeal, click 'Next' and fill in the form on the following page. You can choose to attach any relevant documentation to support your complaint (e.g. emails, assessment evidence).
Library Training Services, RTO 32275 (henceforward known as LTSA) acknowledges that a student, who has an appeal, has the right to raise the appeal and expect that every effort will be made to resolve it in accordance with this policy, without prejudice or fear of reprisal or victimisation. The student has the right to present the appeal formally as well as in writing.
LTSA will manage all appeals fairly, equitably and efficiently as possible.
LTSA will encourage the parties to approach the appeal with an open mind and to resolve problems through discussion and conciliation. Where an appeal cannot be resolved through discussion and conciliation, LTSA acknowledges the need for an appropriate external and independent person to mediate between the parties. The parties will be given the opportunity to formally present their case to the independent person.
Confidentiality will be maintained throughout the process of making and resolving complaints. LTSA seeks to protect the rights and privacy of all involved and to facilitate the return to a comfortable and productive learning environment.
A copy of this Policy is available to all students and staff (below) and is available in the Student Handbook. The information will also contain details of external authorities that they may approach.
Where appeals have been received, RTOs must keep evidence of how the matter was dealt with and the outcome (including the timeframes). LTSA will use this information received via any appeal to review LTSA's processes and practices to ensure the issue doesn’t happen again.
Should a student have an appeal, the following steps are to be followed:
- The Student should discuss their appeal with the Training Manager and/or other LTSA staff to see if it can be resolved.
- If still no resolution the student should put the following information relating to the appeal in writing using this Assessment Appeals Form.
- A description of the appeal;
- State whether they wish to formally present their case;
- Steps taken thus far to address their appeal;
- By lodging a written appeal, the issue will be brought to the attention of the College Director. The College Director will either deal with the appeal personally or arrange for it to be dealt with by a management representative. This process must commence within 48 hours from the time the College Director, or their delegate, receives written notification from the student about their dissatisfaction and a response / resolution must be presented within 21 days.
- Should the appeal still not be resolved to the student’s satisfaction, LTSA will make arrangements for an independent external person to resolve the appeal. The student will be given the opportunity to formally present his or her case. The time frame for this process may vary but should take no longer than 14 days.
- All parties involved will receive a written statement of the outcomes, including reasons for the decision within the 14 day period.
- If the student is still not happy with external mediation, they may take their appeal to the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA):
Tel: 1300 701 801
- Where LTSA considers more than 60 calendar days are required to process and finalise the appeal, LTSA will inform the appellant in writing, including reasons why more than 60 calendar days are required, and regularly updates the appellant on the progress of the matter.
- All documentation relating to appeals should be archived for audit purposes.
- LTSA's College Director will be person responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the policy.