Are you interested in trying out a career in Library and Information Services, or perhaps you already have some library experience but would now like to gain a formal qualification? The CUA20515 Certificate II in Information and Cultural Services is ideal for those starting out in the Library and Information Services sector. It is perfect for school-based students, job seekers, new workers signed up under a traineeship, or those with no experience.
This qualification will give you the skills and knowledge required to perform a range of tasks of under direct supervision, including:
- assisting customers with basic inquiries
- assisting with loans and returns of library resources using automated systems
- keeping the library collection in correct order and repair
- shelve items
- working effectively as part of a team.
Get the basics right – a great platform on which to further grow!
The Certificate II qualification is composed of 10 units (5 core units, and 5 elective units)
Elective Units *
* Please note that units may change from time-to-time, depending on industry feedback and consultation. Students will be advised should this occur.
- 10 months full time (at one unit per month)
- 15 months part time (at one unit every six weeks)
All units are delivered via distance education.
Prospective students are required to:
- be enrolled in or have completed Year 10 or equivalent
- be either working or volunteering in a library for a minimum of 8 hours each week
- possess computer skills and have access to a computer and the internet at work or home
- complete practical tasks in a library workplace and have access to a workplace supervisor who can sign off on any practical tasks
Students are required to:
- commit to studying at least 6 hours per week
- commit to achieving regular positive study outcomes and progression through their course
- commit to submitting their best quality work
- Commit to communicating with LTSA so that we can help support you through your course.
- Customer Service Officer
- Shelving Assistant
- Library Assistant / Officer
- Library Aide (school libraries)
- Circulation / Lending Services Assistant
The standard investment involved for studying a CUA20515 Certificate II in Information and Cultural Services is $4,150 (this includes a $150 non-refundable Administration Fee).
LTSA strives to make vocational education as accessible and flexible as possible. Thus, we have a number of methods for payment:
- Employer/Third Party Funded: Pay up-front or in 4 x quarterly instalments.
- Self Funded: Pay in 10 instalments on a payment plan. Your first instalment will be $550, which includes the $150 administration fee. Your remaining 9 instalments are then $400 each. If you study full-time, you’ll be invoiced monthly; if you study part-time, you’ll be invoiced every six weeks. Please note that your payment plan is set up at enrolment and the payment schedule is not impacted by changes to your study plan (except in the case of deferments).
Please note that LTSA is here to support its students, and should any hardship occur, we are always happy to discuss flexible payment options for students.
Please contact us with any questions.