Library Training Services Australia (LTSA) is Australia’s only dedicated Registered Training Organisation (RTO) specialising in quality and flexible education in Library and Information Services.
At LTSA, we have a purpose: we exist to support, empower and inspire libraries and Library and Information Services (LIS) workers to achieve greatness by delivering outstanding value for their communities, by adapting in a changing LIS sector, and by helping solve meaningful problems.
Libraries are an extraordinary tool that support the lifelong learning needs of our society. At LTSA, we believe that in delivering graduates who are ready for 21st century libraries, that we can help our libraries thrive and deliver outstanding outcomes that can make a huge impact on our society – particularly those who are disadvantaged.
We understand that libraries and LIS workers often face three key problems:
|1) Unqualified or unskilled staff, including deficits in skills such as digital, customer service, marketing and leadership;
2) Cultural and change management issues in a rapidly changing sector;
3) A lack of resources, budgets and funding, resulting in having to do more with less.
| 1) Lack of formal qualifications or formal LIS education;
2) They are often juggling multiple personal and professional commitments;
3) A lack of workplace resources and money to do the job properly, as they would like to.
To help solve these challenges, LTSA delivers:
|1) Highly qualified and skilled LIS workers that help create a high performing team and library;
2) LIS workers that are change agents – agile and responsive to increase library relevancy in a changing sector
3) LIS workers who create a demonstrable ROI for financial stakeholders and decision makers; who are able to articulate the value of their library and themselves, with the skills to put forward a business case for increased budgets and funding.
|1) Qualifications or courses that help LIS workers become more effective and efficient – ready for 21st century libraries;
2) Flexible qualifications and courses delivered by distance education, to work in with their life and commitments.
3) The skills and knowledge to be able to demonstrate their value and the value of their libraries to key financial stakeholders and decision makers; to campaign for budgets and funding; to deliver innovative and effective solutions on a shoestring.
Our qualifications and courses deliver high-performing LIS workers that are ready for libraries of the 21st century. Extensive industry consultation and best-practice education means that we can offer a qualification to suit the requirements of a changing library, and the needs of a changing LIS sector.
There are four qualifications that we offer:
We also offer individual subjects for LIS workers, should they wish to upskill in specific areas.
*LTSA is proud to have the Diploma of Library and Information Services accredited by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
LTSA delivers libraries and our students the confidence that they are investing in their future with best-practice education and support to enable their potential, leaving them more confident, capable and competent than before.
LTSA is a proud institutional member and supporter of the work of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA), Public Libraries Australia (PLA), the Australian School Library Association and the Queensland School Library Association (QSLA).
As a pre-qualified Supplier it is our organisation’s obligations to publish on our website, the outcome of your most recent VET Quality Framework audit. Click here to view the report.